Παρασκευή 30 Δεκεμβρίου 2011

is luck an attitude?




Some folks are just born lucky. Is it better to be lucky than smart? Do you make your own luck in life?
You might say, “fifty percent of my life is due to chance events”. No, it’s not. Maybe ten percent is. That other forty percent that you think you are having no influence over is actually defined by the way you think. Is there a big distance between luck and fate?
Do you suffer from bad luck? Our beliefs are not genetic. We learned them somehow. If something isn’t working for you change it. For the past 28 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “if today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? And whenever the answer has been NO too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
How to get lucky? Live a charmed life, open your mind, learn to be lucky! Is it an easy skill to learn?
Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get. I believe that. The harder I work the luckier I get. All of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck, who keeps right on going, is the man who is there when the good luck comes, and is ready to receive it. 
Good luck needs no explanation. Ten years from now I plan to be sitting here. I hope I will be writing articles, but if not, I will be on my pond fishing with my kids. I feel like the luckiest guy I know. 
Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer. Luck never gives, only lends. One half of life is luck, the other half is discipline, and that is the important half, for without discipline you would not know what to do with luck.
Hearing crickets singing? I do not know. What I do know is that every dog has his day. When God throws the dice are loaded…


P. Pontikas.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου