Παρασκευή 16 Μαΐου 2014

letter to Michelle Obama


dear Michelle,

I saw your picture on the internet holding the trendy-as-of-lately "Bring back our girls" sign and I was moved by the devastation on your face.
You are awoman and a mother and I have no reasons to doubt the sincere empathy you must be feeling for the missing girls.
But I couldn't help but wonder if it ever crossed your mind how many Muslim girls have gone missing as a result of your husband's policy.
In Africa where your ancestors (and your husband's) come from, in Afghanistan, in Iraq and some many other places.
I got to thinking about the Buddist girls in Vietnam and even good Christian girls in South America. All victims of the U.S military and Foreign policy.
If I am not mistaken where you reside is the headquartes from where all the orders responsible for the misfortunes  (past and present) of all these children come from.
I am a pragmatist, Michelle, what has been done cannot be undone but maybe you and I could do something for the future.
You as a woman and a mother who would not want to be forced to hold more signs as the one you are holding today and being the wife of the man who holds the collective trigger of the U.S. Forces maybe you could accomplish a little more than a mere symbolic gesture.
Maybe you could be stern (as I remember my own mother being stern with my father for far less significant issues) and demand that something is done.
I don't know how familiar you are with ancient Greek comedy, there is a wonderful play by Aristophanes called Lysistrata ( a female Greek name that means Army disbander).
Lysistrata was a strong willed, determined woman (not unlike you) who got fed up with men fighting stupid bloody wars (not unlike your husband).
She persuaded her lady friends to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to abandon warfare and live in peace.
Now see, if a woman of your political stature were to emulate Lysistrata you realise how beneficial this could be for the salvation of innocent girls and boys all over the world.
Think about, Michelle, for our girls' sake.

                                                                           yours truly
                                                                   Giorgos Trikeri
                                                                                 Greece.

p.s. I would love to lend you my copy of Lysistata. pls write back soon, these are dire times we are living in.

για την Ελληνική απόδοση του κειμένου πάτησε εδώ.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου